Founded in 2017 as a startup in the educational field, Vedesoft is a software development and digital services company based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Our team of professionals, masters all fields of the digital industry.
We entirely focus on working with clients who need a reliable partner for the development part and support of their software projects by leveraging cutting-edge technology and by employing top talent.
We are a growing organisation with presence in Bulgaria, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, France and the Netherlands.
Combining technical expertise with industry know-how, we help businesses reach their goals in Healthcare & Fitness, Fintech, E- Commerce & Retail, Law, Manufacturing and other.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently staffing a team of Java Developers to work on designing and developing new features for the flagship product of our client.
YOUR DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be part of an agile/lean team to expand existing software and build new features;
- Apply good practices in the coding of enterprise software in Java;
- Analyse and implement business requirements;
- Collaborate with other teammates in cross-functional teams to achieve goals and provide code reviews;
- Write unit and integration tests;
- Reverse engineering and refactor code to add new features;
- Participate in fixing existing code issues to help improve overall code quality;
- Collaborate with various testing and operational teams to help troubleshoot issues.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of experience with Java;
- Experience developing multithreaded and distributed application systems in an embedded Unix/Linux environment is a serious advantage;
- Experience using a unit testing framework and a mocking framework;
- Experience with refactoring legacy code to facilitate unit testing;
- Ability to scope and estimate required development efforts;
- Experience using software version control and issue tracking systems;
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and solutions to software development problems.
- Able to work independently with attention to detail;
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution;
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh.
- Internal training program;
- Excellent remuneration for the position and a friendly environment;
- Innovative, interesting and challenging projects for local and international clients;
- Possibility to join a multi-skilled team with creative, management and development experience and to take part in the further team-building and growth;
- Flexibility in working time;
- Company laptop;
- Additional healthcare package;
- Sports card;
- Various team activities;