Founded in 2017 as a startup in the educational field, Vedesoft is a software development and digital services company based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Our team of professionals masters all fields of the digital industry. Combining technical expertise with industry know-how, we help businesses reach their goals in Healthcare & Fitness, Fintech, E- Commerce & Retail, Law, Manufacturing and other.
We are a growing organisation with presence in Bulgaria, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, France and the Netherlands.
Read on if you believe that you can contribute to our mission in delivering excellent UX and a high-quality code, to be ahead of our competitors, and bring great value to our customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently staffing a team of Java Developers to work on designing and developing new features for the flagship product of our client.
YOUR DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be part of an agile/lean team to expand existing software and build new features;
- Apply good practices in the coding of enterprise software in Java;
- Analyse and implement business requirements;
- Collaborate with other teammates in cross-functional teams to achieve goals and provide code reviews;
- Write unit and integration tests;
- Reverse engineering and refactor code to add new features;
- Participate in fixing existing code issues to help improve overall code quality;
- Collaborate with various testing and operational teams to help troubleshoot issues.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of experience with Java;
- Experience using a unit testing framework and a mocking framework;
- Experience with refactoring legacy code to facilitate unit testing;
- Ability to scope and estimate required development efforts;
- Experience using software version control and issue tracking systems;
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and solutions to software development problems.
- Able to work independently with attention to detail;
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution;
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh.
- Internal training program;
- Excellent remuneration for the position and a friendly environment;
- Innovative, interesting and challenging projects for local and international clients;
- Possibility to join a multi-skilled team with creative, management and development experience and to take part in the further team-building and growth;
- Flexibility in working time;
- Company laptop;
- Additional healthcare package;
- Sports card;
- Various team activities;